Since starting my art blog I have found it is a gateway to conversations with an amazing variety of other interesting people. Originally, I thought I was just going to share nuggets of lively things I found on the internet, but ending up sharing more and more of myself. At the start, I thought to mostly visit other artists. Through visiting other bloggers I have engaged in conversations on every topic from science to nonsense, relaxation to productivity. Much of it stimulates my creativity and inspires my art, but mainly because it has encouraged me to think deeper thoughts and broaden my world.
Thanks go out to the following writers for some recent breakthroughs in my creative endeavors:
- Austin Hodgens at The Modern Philosopher – for the Friday Night Think Tank and other surprisingly interconnected nonsense.
- Cindy Knoke – for photos like the scenes I imagine and try to paint, and bright colorful thoughts about life.
- Eagle Aye at Momus News – for quick and quirky short stories and photos that leave me thinking, or laughing, or both.
- Bupe Rose at Uwana – for great photos, and ethics that enlighten my business strategies, encouragement, and for quoting Tony Swartz so I looked him up.
- Tony Schwartz – for writing ‘The Magic of Doing One Thing at a Time’ – (not at WordPress) http://blogs.hbr.org/schwartz/2012/03/the-magic-of-doing-one-thing-a.html
- Seedbud’s Leaf and Twig – For photos and short poetry
- Megan at Meganhasocd – for Chester her amazing cat!
- Masqua – For semi-realistic and abstract/symbolic art
- David Tripp’s Blog – for watercolor art and encouragement
- Liam Rainsford PaintingS- artist, oils and time lapse painting
- Maurice Sapiro – for tonalist and representational fine art
- Brad Young’s Art – for doodling and drawing life
- Lady Michaels at Pepper Coriander – for a variety of art media
- Malus – for showing us Violet’s daily sketches
Of course, this is not an all-inclusive list. Check out the blogs I have liked on the sidebar, or visit the pages next to my Like button. That is what I do for short adventures meeting new people and joining interesting conversations.